Hard to believe the Holidays and the New Year are around the corner. As we prepare for well-deserved quality time with our loved ones, this is a perfect moment to reflect on our accomplishments of the past year and our overall vision as a company.
With the arrival of the internet and mobile smartphones, consumers have adopted new ways to do local shopping. And if consumers have changed, so has Yellow Pages Group. We now offer a full suite of digital experiences that truly reinvent shopping. While we still publish the Yellow Pages print directories, we are now the #1 digital company in Canada.
Let’s look at what this means:
• We have one of the largest digital audience in the country:
- Our websites are visited by more than 9 milion Canadians every month.
- Our Mobile applications have been downloaded on 3 milion Canadians smartphones and now represent over 30% of our searches
• YPG also enjoys partnerships with many of the digital power brands, such as foursquare, Twitter, and Google.
• YPG was also the first company in its category to open up its API. More than 1,500 developers are already using our data to develop a wide variety of mobile apps.
• With our Yellow PagesTM 360 Solution, we now offer a full suite of affordable digital solutions, specifically developed for Canadian small businesses, including Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, web sites and even mobile advertising.
• In fact, having sold close to 10,000 web sites to small and medium-sized businesses in Canada, YPG is now on its way to become the largest web site provider in the country.
• No other company in Canada has more online customers than we do. We now serve more than 230,000 merchants for their online marketing needs.
For National Brands, we have Mediative, our performance media company, recently recognized as Canada’s #1 SEO company. Mediative now serves some of the biggest brands in North America for their online marketing needs.
Mediative also manages Canada’s leading ad display network, managing the ad inventory of over 600 web sites.
With annualized online revenues of over $340 million dollars, YPG accounts for over 17% of the total Canadian online market. No other Canadian company even comes close to making as much online revenue as we do.
Yellow Pages Group has become a Canadian digital powerhouse, and as you can see we’re no longer the Yellow Pages your parents used to know.
I’m very proud of everyone who contributed to this incredible transformation. I want to extend my best wishes for the holidays and to congratulate everyone that contributed to this – you guys rock!
See you in 2012!